What kind of electronic certificates can i get?
According to the support, types of certificates that you can get are basically two:
- Certificate of software: this is a software file whose physical support is your own computer or server.
- Certificate of card: in this case, the electronic certificate is in a cryptographic card. The electronic identity card fits into this category.
How to obtain an electronic certificate?
The process of obtaining an electronic certificate varies depending on the certification authority station (refer to the instructions of the authority of certification of your choice on the corresponding website). If, for example, wish to obtain the certificate of the National Currency Factory and Bell (ESTAMOS), must follow these steps:
- The request of the electronic certificate through the website. Click ""-user certificate and follow the steps you indicate. Enter a number of personal data. After, you will get application code associated with their certificate.
- Accreditation of identity: with the application code obtained in the previous step and its corresponding identification should be submitted in one registry to formalize your request in person.
- Electronic certificate accredited: once their identity in the registry, you can download your certificate from the website by accessing the tab "certificate Download". You will be its Tin or NIE and application code obtained in the first step. Should bear in mind that the application and the certificate must be done from the same computer and user.
If i wish to get your certificate in a cryptographic card must be and with a card reader if your computer does not have. Furthermore, it must first install the root certificate of estamos and install the software that will have received the card. From here, the steps you will make for the certificate are the same as specified above except that the application and the download will be implemented with the card is placed on the reader. Likewise, for the first step, you must choose on the website "user Certificate in cryptographic card" instead of ""-user certificate.
How to install an electronic certificate?
La instalación del certificado electrónico que hemos escogido de ejemplo, el de la FNMT, se realizará de manera automática en el ordenador o en la tarjeta al pulsar el botón de "Enviar petición" en "Descarga de certificado" (paso 3 ).
To check that the certificate is installed correctly in the event of a certificate of software, you can do it as follows:
- In Internet Explorer (may vary depending on the version) go to tools/Internet options/content/Certificates …
- In Firefox (may vary depending on the version) go to tools/options/Advanced/view/Encryption Certificates …
How to export and import an electronic certificate?
The own estamos recommends to those who have installed a certificate of software to make a backup of the certificate and the corresponding private key. This way, you can install it on other browsers and teams and have it saved in the event of problems with the computer in which you installed initially.
To make the backup (export), the following steps:
- In Internet Explorer by choosing tools/Internet options/content/Certificates …/Staff. Click on the certificate you want and then choose "Export …". The export wizard certificates, which guides you through the process. Select "Export" private key. You can set a password that prompted the wizard later when you make the import of the certificate. Then click to Examine "", select the location in which you want to save and copy the file name that will be generated will be displayed. After a summary of the options chosen. Click to "" End.
- In Firefox go to tools/options/Advanced/view/Encryption certificates … click on the certificate you want and then click Copy "…". Choose where you want to save the certificate, a password for the support of the certificate and press Ok "".
In case of wanting to import your certificate to another browser or equipment after having had an external storage might do so, as follows:
- In Internet Explorer by choosing tools/Internet options/content/Certificates …/Staff. Select the option "Import …". The wizard will guide you through certificates in the process. Select the file that you want to import through the button Consider "". Prompted password (only if any, including at the time of the copy to import) and make the private key. We Chose as exportable "Automatically select the according to the type of certificate". Below you will see a summary of the options chosen. Click to "" End.
- In Firefox go to tools/options/Advanced/view/Encryption certificates … click on the certificate you want and then click "Import …". Select the file that you want to import through "Consider" button, type the password of support of the certificate and press Ok "".
How to renew its electronic certificate?
Your certificate has a validity period will see in the menu of consultation of the property of certificate of your browser. When the expiration date is next, you will need to get in touch with the certification authority station through the means to enable It to request the issuance of other certificates with a new period of validity.
In case you wish to renew its certificate of estamos since the previous two months to forfeiture can do so without the need to go personally to a registration office. The steps that must continue to include the following:
- Go to the website of estamos request a renewal and from the browser that today have a certificate that is about to expire.
- A few minutes after allows you to download the renewed certificate from this webpage.
How and why revoke its electronic certificate?
Revoke a certificate is to cancel the certificate's validity independently of the range of certificate validity.
The grounds for revoking a certificate are varied. The most common is the possibility that it has been compromised the private key of the certificate and that therefore any other person that may make signatures on behalf of others. Another possible reason is that any information contained in the certificate is no longer valid.
To revoke a certificate is required to notify the authority of certification by one of the means provided for this (Internet, telephone, …).
The procedure to revoke the certificate of estamos is as follows:
- If the holder of the certificate or his representative (only in case of entities), in the possession of the same, the revocation shall be effected through The Internet.
- If the holder of the certificate or its representative does not have the same for loss, loss or theft, should take part in an office of accreditation for, once identified, to sign the model of a request for revocation of the certificate. The offices of accreditation broadcast on a daily basis the registers completed estamos for this appropriate to the revocation of the certificate.
Once a certificate is revoked, no signature carried out with the certificate shall be legally valid.
How can we eliminate its electronic certificate?
If you want to delete your electronic certificate of the browser, you can do it this way:
- In Internet Explorer (may vary depending on the version) go to tools/Internet options/content/Certificates … then click on the certificate you want to remove and choose Remove "".
- In Firefox (may vary depending on the version) go to tools/options/Advanced/view/Encryption Certificates … then click on the certificate you want to remove and choose Remove "" ….